Dr. Mike O’Neil has been extensively trained in laser use by the Academy of Laser Dentistry.
A new and wonderful era in dentistry has begun. Dr. Mike O’Neil is pleased to offer this state-of-the-art technology to his patients right in Fishers, Indiana. Laser dentistry is one of the most cutting edge techniques to come to dentistry in the last five decades.
The Waterlase, by Biolase, is an all-purpose laser. It is simple in its design, but extremely versatile in use. It can be used on both soft (gum) and hard (teeth and bone) tissue with substantially less postoperative discomfort than conventional dental techniques. The use of local anesthetics can be omitted all together in some procedures that would normally require some type of anesthetic.
Our Diagnodent Laser allows Dr. Mike O’Neil and the hygienists at Today’s Dentistry to diagnose decay BEFORE it can be seen clinically or even on an X-ray. When the use of the Diagnodent Laser is combined with the Waterlase, a patient can be assured of the smallest filling possible. These state-of-the-art machines assure the most conservative approach.
Just Imagine the Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- having gum surgery without the need for needles, no bleeding or stitches
- being able to eat, drink and talk right after the procedure with no discomfort
- having teeth filled without having to get any type of anesthetic
- having small fillings that just remove the decay and are the natural color of the tooth
- Single visits for procedures that are noticeably shorter
- not having to hear the sounds of the dental drill
- being able to return to work or school immediately following the procedure without a “droopy lip”
- an instrument that sterilizes as it heals…..THAT IS WHAT LASERS DO!!!!
All of this is routine here at Today’s Dentistry and offered to our patients daily!
Click here for more information on laser dentistry.